Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hubby deprived:(

I have been feeling very deprived of my husband! In the last week I have hardly had a chance to say Hello to him! He is either working on the ambulance or gone on some trip for work! Just last week he went to Dallas, Texas and Chicago. I thought I'd get some hubby time tonight but he is working the worst shift; 12p-12a UGH!! I have to leave to go to school really early and when I get home he's already gone:(

What a bummer!

Now that I am done complaining about my absentee husband...

I've had a lot of opportunities to share the gospel with my friends at school recently. Most of them are very religious or grew up religious. The one question that seems to have been asked the most is about the church's view on women. Some think that a few of the girls in class and I are disobeying the rules of the church by being in school. Especially being in school and married. I have had some very interesting conversations about the priesthood and the church's view on women and education. It has really helped me remember why I have worked so hard to get where I am at. Sometimes it would be so much easier to just stop school and have a baby. I know though, that right now I am supposed to be in school getting an education, no matter how cute the babies are. I'm not completely sure why.

I wanted to thank my sisters for rallying to help me a couple weeks ago. I wanted to give a girl at school a talk by Pres. Hinckley on Women and Education but I couldn't find it! I looked for a long time. Fortunately my sisters are wonderful and found it for me!! THANKS!!!

2 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

I'm sorry you are feeling Dallas deprived. I guess it's a good thing he's staying busy working. Three different places...that's a lot of traveling!!!

Ben and Mara Gardner said...

I am so glad I have someone in the same position as I am (in so many ways)! I appreciate your friendship so much! Thanks Natalie!