Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Pickle got me through it!!!


The story goes something like this...

I needed the perfect pencil for finals...one that wouldn't let me down!! I searched high and low. Then it found me...a bright green pencil with the words in shiny dark green print that read "DILL PICKLE!" I couldn't resist, it had to be the one!

Of course we all know you can't go into a test with one pencil. You have to have two, just in case something catastrophic happens to the other one. (I've actually lost many pencils to nervous jitters. They usually fly under the seat in front of you.)
My second pencil I chose because it speaks for itself, "Primary makes me happy." Nothing could make the jitters disappear faster than a statement like that.

So, well armored, I entered my tests with confidence...maybe that is a little too strong of a word... I entered my tests knowing my pencil would get me through.

AND it DID!! I SURVIVED MY FIRST YEAR OF PA SCHOOL!! I MADE IT THROUGH MY LAST FINALS WITH AWESOME/FLYING COLORS DUE TO MY TRUSTWORTHY DILL PICKLE PENCIL. IT DIDN'T LET ME DOWN ONCE!!

I am so excited to be done with that part of school. It was rough and involved a lot of complaining on my part. I couldn't have done it without... my awesome husband Dallas(you thought I was going to say Dill Pickle pencil) He stayed up late with me Thursday night keeping me motivated to study my last night.

I'm so thankful to all my friends who helped me through. I learned to love them even when the stress made us a little hard to be around. They are awesome girls, I am going to miss being around them during rotations. THANKS GIRLS!!



Shawna and Heidi right after our last final on their way out to head to PA conference in San Diego!

Mara (who had no idea I took this pic:)


Heidi, Shawna and Katrina
We went back for one last study session at Paradise Bakery, one of our favorite study nooks. We usually take over this table in the corner and study there for hours. If we leave when they close they usually give us leftover cookies:)
Today they brought us a box of cookies just for good luck!! Aren't they sweet?!

Me...with a weird look on my face

Katrina, studying hard

Katrina after her last final!!

Melinda after her last final!

No comments: