Saturday, April 3, 2010

Big News!

I am getting a PhD! I got offered a job a St. Joseph's hospital as a research associate to work at the Keller Center for Imaging Excellence. The plan is to get a doctorate in MRI pulse programming.

I found out a couple of weeks ago, it's taken me a while to post about it because a lot of it is still up in the air. For instance, I haven't actually been hired, my future boss said that he would hire me when the position opens. The position will open (depending on the hospital's budget) when one of his other students graduates, which should happen sometime mid-May. I still have to apply to the PhD program at ASU, which shouldn't be much of a hurdle, seeing as how I already have funding and a mentor, but you never know... ASU has done many many completely brainless things like raising tuition by about 10% every year for the last 6 years.

I'm a little nervous because I didn't see my life going this direction, but the more I learn about it, the more excited I get about the idea. It's going to be a lot of computer work, doing computer programming no less, but the lab is doing absolutely amazing work, and it's going to be fun to be a part of it!



6 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Lots of great news!!! Congrats:)

H. Buchanan Davis said...

Hey thats awesome news! Your absolutely right about ASU doing brainless things, but hopefully things will work out. Good luck!

Malori and Jon Saline said...

Wow Congrats girl!! That is so big!!

Tiffini said...

sounds like an amazing opportunity!

Unknown said...

Wow! that sounds great! have you heard any more? keep us up-to-date, glad I read your blog. We should really see you both one of these days, ya know.

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

Dallas (hope you remember me!Marianne Stewart in your day) I have read your blog and can just saw I am not surprised by your success. Good luck to you in all you do! I love reading and seeing the pictures.