I was jealous that Natalie got to write about her high school fun, so I did one too.
High School: Gilbert High School
1. Did you date someone from your high school? I dated a couple of girls, but nothing very serious. Mostly just hang-out dates.
2. What kind of car did you drive? For most of my sophomore and junior years I drove a dirt-yellow Nissan pickup. No AC, and if you drove really fast through a puddle, water would splash up through the gear shift. Yeehaw.
3. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school? I didn't have very many, but I got asked to Winter Formal. My date went through this whole scavenger hunt, where you would find clues written on puzzle pieces, and when you get all the clues, you have to put together the puzzle to find out who was asking you to the dance. I found all the clues, and when I put the puzzle together, it said "Megan" in big bold letters... and I had no idea who Megan was. It took me 2 days to figure it out. Yeah, awkward.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Not in high school. Band in junior high, but that's it.
7. Were you a nerd? Absolutely. And very snobby about it too. I took a regular English class my senior year; I thought I had accidentally walked into the Idiot Convention.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was on the swim team for 3 years, which didn't exactly have a Varsity/JV distinction (everybody who went to practice got to swim at the meet), but the Boys went on a winning streak at the end of my first year that lasted 2 and a half years! We won our region my senior year, which was very exciting because we got to push our coach into the pool (which was the only time he ever got in the pool in 3 years of swim practice) and he shaved his goatee.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No, I never did anything adventurous enough to get suspended or expelled.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Nope, never could.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I really liked my Math teacher Mrs. Sullivan (? I think that's her name...!), and my chemistry teacher was really cool.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? My freshman year I hung out with the Goths (it was so much fun!), my sophomore year I mostly just wandered around; I didn't really have a group
13. What was your school mascot? Tigers
14. Did you go to Homecoming and with whom? I went to Highland High's Homecoming (our cross-town rival who was (and is) inferior at all things sports, academics, and basically anything that makes high school fun)
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, I don't think so. But I did have a lot of fun, and there are a bunch of things I wish I had done differently, I definitely don't miss it enough to want to do it again.
16. What do you remember most about graduation? My graduating class was the most irreverent group of kids possible. We had probably 30 or 40 beach balls that we sneaked in, and we did the "wave" almost throughout the whole ceremony.
17. Where did you go senior skip day? I don't remember, but when I was a freshman and sophomore, it sure seemed like the seniors had a lot of senior ditch days!
18. Were you in any clubs? I was in the Physics club my senior year, which makes me sound like the biggest dork ever, but it was actually really fun. We built a solar-powered boat and raced it around Tempe Town Lake. We would have won... but we were slackers and didn't finish the boat until the night before the race, so we didn't test anything, and it broke when it was too late to fix it.
19. Have you gained weight since then? Yeah, I weighed about 160 when I graduated, I'm closer to 180 right now
20. Who was your prom date? My senior prom date was a girl in the Physics club with me.
21. Are you planning on going to your ten-year reunion? I think it would be really fun, just to see everyone and all their kids (my high school was about 80% LDS, most of my friends have 3 kids at least)
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't be so dang shy all the time! Just go have fun, and try out for the volleyball team your sophomore year instead of senior year!
23. Looking forward, what advice would you give your future self??? Lay off the sweet stuff, it rots your teeth and gives you love handles!!!