Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whirlwind Decorating!!

I made a goal to decorate my house during my week and a half break and I did it! I just decorated with stuff I already had for the most part. It was fun and I just finished!! I only bought a couple of things, most of this stuff is things I've had for a really long time. Dallas helped me out so much! There is no way I could have done it without him. He is so patient, even when I keep making him move everything this way and that trying to find the perfect position. He was great!!


This is my favorite wall in my living room. I thought it turned out really well.



I wanted a cute nook and this is what I came up with.

The sewing machine is from Dallas's mom.

This is actually what took the longest. I painted my old wooden table, my aunt gave me when we got married! It took a lot of paint... Dallas helped me a lot with the table, he did most of the sanding.

This is the only corner of the kitchen that's decorated, the rest will have to wait.
We already had tons of random pictures from one of our apartments we lived in so I decided to just hang them up going up the stairs. It's kinda fun. (I'm actually afraid they are going to all fall down when our washer is on. Crossing my fingers.)




During our vacation to Baltimore we bought this painting from a homeless gentleman who painted it on the bottom of an old dresser drawer! We decided to make it the theme of our downstairs bathroom. I was actually quite impressed that I was able to come up with all this stuff lying around my house! (The only thing I bought was the little ship... cus I thought it was really cute)



Dallas brought me home some of these things from his travels with his old job, science care.This little crab is one of them. In the little box is a hair pin(?) from Tonga that Jamie brought home for me.


6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! Way to be cute on a budget!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Hey Natalie,
Congrats on getting in to PA school and finishing your first semester. I still can't believe that I'm through all of that and on to the clinic. It is such a good feeling. I could have set up one rotation in AZ but decided just to stick around here.
Curtis

Toni said...

Good job. Your house looks so cute! Decorating is hard, especially when you are on a budget, so way to go!

Davis Family said...

So cute! I love your apartment!

Unknown said...

cute littl home decor. It is so nice to check in everyonce in a while. You look like your doing great.

Anonymous said...

Your house is soo cute! You are such good decorators! I can't wait to see it again soon!
Love you guys!
-cherise